Food and music make great companions, don’t they?
After a visit to Pinterest for a marinade recipe for pork chops we planned to grill, the melody of Sam Cooke’s famous song “Summer Time” became my earworm. This marinade was so delicious that we won’t be looking for a replacement version for quite a while, if ever.
“Best Grilled Porkchops”*
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 pork loin chops, fat removed
1. In deep bowl mix all marinade ingredients.
2. Marinate at least 2 hours.
3. Remove from marinade and cook over medium-high heat on greased grill for no more than 15 minutes or until done.
Cooking time for second side is shorter by 1-2 minutes. 3/4″ or thinner, 5-6 minutes maximum per side, thicker than 3/4″ 6-7 minutes maximum per side.
NOTE: If overcooked, chops will become tough. After 2 minutes grilling on a side, rotate chops 45 degrees for even cooking. Turn over when juices pool on upper surface and meat appears to be cooked half-way through.
Enjoy! *The original recipe appears on Food.com